DIY ALOE AND CASTOR OIL EYELASH SERUM
Time is ticking to purchase gifts for the holidays. We're giving you just a few more chances, with some easy DIY ideas that are amazingly effective and awesome gifts!
We've always heard of the benefits of both Aloe and Castor oil, but who knew they could be used on your eyelashes. After seeing Farah Dhukai's video, we were inspired to put her Aloe and Castor Oil Eyelash Serum to the test. Needless to say, we loved it! Just know, this is not an instant solution, it is an effective treatment that delivers results over several weeks.
Aloe vera promotes hair growth, conditions and leaves your hair smooth and shiny. Aloe vera is a humectant, as such it encourages hair growth by helping your hair retain moisture and by clearing away dead skin cells on your scalp. It will keep your lashes hydrated and looking beautiful longer.
Castor Oil Benefits:
Rubbing castor oil on areas of the scalp that are thinning is an old remedy for encouraging hair growth. The omega-6 fatty acids in castor oil accelerate blood circulation in the scalp, strengthening the roots, increasing hair growth and retention. Like the hair on your head, the castor oil reinforces the hair follicles of your lashes allowing them to grow thicker and longer.
Eyelash Serum Recipe
- Aloe vera gel (fresh from the plant is better)
- Castor Oil (you can use black castor oil as well)
- Optional: Vitamin E essential oil
- Small container with a lid
- Clean spooley (feel free to wash off an old mascara wand)
Directions: The proportions for this treatment are not exact but you do not want to make large quantities as it is perishable. Adding vitamin E increases it's shelf life because vitamin E is natural preservative.
- Cut open an aloe vera leaf and scrape out enough gel to fill 1/3 of your container.
- Fill 1/3 with castor oil
- Optional: add 2-3 drops of vitamin E essential oil
- Seal container and shake vigorously
- Use a clean spooley to regularly mix and apply the treatment every night
Our recommendation to receive these ingredients the fastest in Amazon. Check out the links below. We are including our wrapping recommendation as well. We love using Washi tape to cover gift boxes!