Having a hard time coming up with great stocking stuffers or easy gifts? What about a luxurious and simple DIY toner/face mist? It's perfect for the last minute shopper. You can get all of the ingredients in your kitchen or via Amazon Prime (links to ingredients at end of post).
This luxuriously simple treat has only 3 ingredients.
- Rose water
- Filtered Water
Both Rose water and Rice are loaded with natural benefits that make them an easy choice in any minimalist routine.
Rice may come as a surprise to you, but we love finding new ways to use everyday items. Rice water is truly our the secret sauce. It is derived from the leftover milky water from soaked rice.
- Treat your hair to a shine and strengthening boost by rinsing with rice water. Rice contains a carbohydrate called inositol that helps to repair damaged hair; therefore improving it's manageability.
- Be sure not to leave your skin out! Try it as a DIY cleanser and/or toner and say hello to clear skin and goodbye to large pores, blemishes, and hyper-pigmentation. To learn more check out our other blog posts.
Uses: rice water as a face toner and hair rinse and use rice bran oil as a sun protectant.
Rose Water is honestly just a decadent gift from nature. It’s refreshing scent will be the best part of your morning routine! Rose water is created through a steam distillation process. It’s antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make it a great option for everyday use. We love it because it is wonderful for all skin types but particularly dry skin.
Uses: face toner, makeup setting spray, add 1 part rose water to 1 part shampoo or conditioner and use for hair. Can be used alone as a scalp rinse.
DIY LUXURIOUS ROSE RICE WATER FACIAL TONER & MIST
What you'll need:
- Measuring spoons
- Prepare two 20oz glass or BPA free plastic tupperware bowls; with lids. One will be for mixing (needs to be deep enough to rinse rice) and the other will be for storage
- 1 cup of rice
- 4 oz of rose water
- 12 oz filtered water
- 2 or 4 oz spray bottles
- decorative packing/wrapping materials (we love metallic markers, colored masking tape, and paper bags)
- Add 1 cup of rice to mixing bowl pour in 12 oz of water and 4 oz of rose water.
- With clean hands or a mixing spoon, rinse the rice in the water the same way you would if you were preparing it to cook (2 min).
- Optional leave rice in water overnight or for a few hours.
- Strain water only into the other mixing bowl and cover it with the lid. We typically let our rice water ferment for a week and then boil it to stop the fermentation process. If you have limited time, we recommend waiting as long as you can, and then boiling it to maximize the shelf life of your gift.
- Let cool
- Poor contents in spray bottles and decorate them!