Summer Glow up for the Basic "G" | DRY SKIN
Now some people are all about the whole matte skin trend, but as a woman with dry skin, that's not for me. I want to glow, all day, everyday. I used to balk at the thought of having a multi-step skin routine, but honestly, those people who say they just drink water, are lying!
Beautiful, glowing skin comes from the inside and out. Drinking water, exercise and good eating habits will definitely help you to maintain healthy skin and avoid breakouts, but what do you do to fix past sins and prevent future missteps? That's where a bulletproof routine comes in.
The key in this routine is to maintain moisture
When your skin looses moisture it is more prone to cracking, wrinkles, and more susceptible to sun damage.
This is my real routine.
- Stick to a plant-based diet (dairy is not my friend, and I am finally cool with that!)
- Say no to refined sugars - last year I kicked my sugar addiction and it changed everything, including my energy level
- Lastly, maintain consistent moisture in my skin. The truth is that I don't do all steps every morning and every night, but I make sure to tone, use eye cream, and a moisturizer. Here's the routine for summer:
Oil cleansing is perfect to remove makeup and make sure there's no leftover residue from the day. After breaking up the makeup, a foaming or cream cleanser finishes the job without completely stripping your skin of moisture.
Look for products that contain, watermelon, glycolic acid, lactic acid or vitamin c.
Sunday Riley Good Genes - lactic acid chemical exfoliator that works to brighten skin and even skin tone. Recommended use with calming toner/moisturizer.
Milk Makeup Watermelon Brightening Serum - refreshing serum that instantly brightens and soothes skin
100% Pure Green Tea EGCG Serum - age-defying serum that evens tone and brightens under eyes
We are still testing
out our favorites.
Let us know your picks to try!
Beauty Hack 1 - avoid looking like a ghost by adding your sunscreen before your oil or moisturizer.
Beauty Hack 2 - Add a few drops of raspberry seed oil or carrot oil to your favorite moisturizer for a natural SPF 25 coverage
Rotate between these products:
1. Leeanni Eco 3 in 1 Revolution Moisturizer - the ultimate toner, serum, and moisturizer in one. Perfect for the days you are tight on time!
2. Pixi Rose Flash Balm - can be used as a moisturizer, mask and/or primer. It is perfect for use under makeup and eliminates a step in your process.
3. Lulu Life South Sudan Shea - ultimate go-to night-time moisturizer layered with the Caudalie Divine Oil. The cream works hard overnight to smooth, improve collagen production and reduce inflammation. You wake up glowing!
Argan Project Cosmetic Argan Oil - the fatty acids and vitamin E help to improve hyper-pigmentation and dry skin
Radha Rosehip Seed Oil - age-defying youth oil that smoothes wrinkles, improves elasticity and tones
Caudalie Divine Oil - cult favorite dry oil with argan, sesame, grape oil, shea butter, and hibiscus oil. Perfect to treat dry spots and retain moisture